18 years (secondary school principal)
Most recent principal position
Tannum Sands State High School, 1997–2015
- Forty years with the Department of Education, working in schools (200 to 1600 students) as a teacher, head of department, deputy principal and principal
- Acting Executive Director (Schools) and teaching and learning/discipline auditor
- Assistant Regional Director, Metropolitan Region, 2016-18
- Internal School Reviewer, School Improvement Unit, 2015
Areas of interest
- Professional networks (I am a previous long-standing member of the Queensland Secondary Principals' Association)
- Level 4 Growth Coaching qualification
- Induction and beginning teachers
- Classroom observation and feedback
Why did you want to become a reviewer?
I believe in the power of feedback. I would like to use any experience I have gained in my career to support schools in Queensland’s ongoing continuous improvement journey.
- Catching up with family and friends
- Current affairs